Enlightment is a Lighter Form of Genius

When I was a child, my father told me that my grandfather was a very wise man. He lived on a meager salary from the Egyptian government, working as a civil servant. Yet his days never stopped when he left his office. People from all walks of life would come seek his help for all kinds of problems. And though my grandfather could have easily commanded monetary compensation for all of his guidance, he never took a dime from anyone. He told my father that he served only the Creator, and that his good deeds were his contributions to humanity, to thank God for giving him life, and to encourage his fellow men to share and pass on good words and actions to all their neighbors. Most importantly, he said that he could not take money or gifts from people for helping them. It was his obligation to do so as a conscious citizen of the world.

Though my grandfather died a week before I was born, he had a great influence on me. It's so strange how the one relative I never met could inspire me more than anyone else in my family. And to be honest with you, I now understand why he never took money for the things he could do. I noticed that if I took payment for helping people, even a free dinner, I couldn't write again for weeks and, sometimes, even months. And also, if I have knowledge about something but don't share it when it is needed, I can't sleep or write until I disclose the information.

Even though I don't want to be a writer, it is the gift I have. However, I do see myself as a thinker more than a writer. I am able to solve complex problems and tap into fountains of knowledge that seem to come from the mouth of God -- or some heavenly spring at the heart of the universe. This is why I cannot take payment. Even though my words have my name attached to them, I do feel that they come from a source greater than me. I am flawed and my writing is flawed, but when I am wide awake and restless, this powerful force swallows me and puts me in a cold trance. And when it does, I start to stream words. I can feel myself getting colder and colder, but I can't stop writing.

The volumes of work I have on the internet prove this compulsiveness to write, to divulge information. I have two blogs on the internet loaded with over 1,000 posts each. I have stacks of folders and notebooks from 1993 onward - that are jammed with some things that I never fully understood until years later. I never took a single check when my book was published, and just before it came out, I announced to those following me on social networks that almost everything in it was already online for free.

I do what I do because I love God, as I love your children, as I love humanity, as I love peace, truth, and justice for all. I may not be a fan of religion, but I am a big fan of God. I choose not to subscribe to any one religion because I recognize truths in them all -- both the truths and flaws. For anybody to believe that any father would want to see his children fighting is madness. It does not make the Creator happy to see anybody massacre any of his beautiful creations. If you must know the religion I choose, I choose LOVE. If you must know the name of my God, his name is Truth, or rather "He Who is One, The One Who is All."

They say that wisdom comes from suffering. This is not true. Wisdom comes from having unconditional empathy for all mankind. Any man filled with empathy is capable of gaining valuable insights on the human condition through the suffering of others. You do not need to suffer to know suffering, but you need empathy first to identify and feel the suffering of others around you. If you do not feel love for all mankind, nor see everyone around you as a valuable human and an extension of yourself, then you will never feel real empathy. And if you do not have empathy, then you will not gain, learn and remember valuable knowledge from your experiences, or those around you, so that you one day become wise. Yet most importantly, wisdom comes from having a good memory. If you do not remember anything, or are so disconnected from basic humanism to even care to dissect lessons to be gained from every experience in your life and from those around you - using simple reason and the juggling of feelings, then wisdom will forever remain a faraway planet to you.

In closing, enlightenment is a lighter form of genius, and genius is a form of mania. Every man in history who has been called a genius is typically one who can see beyond the scope of themselves, their community, their niche, their world. Textbook intelligence is not true intelligence. It only marks a man good at memorization. True intelligence does not necessarily mean one is capable of empathy, yet empathy marks one who is very sensitive; hence greater than the textbook intellectual, but no less than the enlightened. 

God bless you all.
Suzy Kassem
(9/9/2014)

study the behavior of animals Suzy Kassem

a heart without dreams is like a bird without feathers. Suzy Kassem
the stomach is the seat of all feeling. Suzy Kassemmany people will never learn the lessons meant for them in this lifetime, nor become the person they were meant to be, simply because Suzy kassem Take care of your life force and always keep it streaming. Suzy Kassem

stand up for what is right even if you stand alone. Stand up for what is right even if you are standing alone. Suzy Kassem
we cannot control the way people interpret our ideas or thoughts, but we can control the words and tones we choose to convey them. Suzy Kassem
the number of ways you can live in one lifetime is limitless. So why limitless yourselves? the sky is not the limit. Beyond the universe is. Suzy Kassem
the human ego is the ugliest part of man. Suzy Kassem
every nation needs two wings to fly. Any bird torn at the wings will never soar the skies. Suzy Kassem
suzy kassem poem Part sun and moon
always surround yourself with friends with plenty of light in them. That way you will always have candles around you when days are dark. suzy Kassem
love is a flower that should never cease to grow. Nurture it and it will outlive you. Neglect it and it will wilt away and die. Suzy Kassem
Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. Suzy Kassem
Knowledge is as infinite as the universe. The man who claims to know all only reveals to all that he really knows nothing. Suzy kassem
unity is a beast in itself. If a wolf sees two little boys playing in the woods on one side, and a big strong man on the other, he will go to the one who stands alone. Suzy Kassem
love is meant to lift you up not tear you down. It is meant to strenghten you not weaken you. Suzy Kassem

to know god know your heart conscience. truth can only be seen by those with truth in them. Suzy Kassem
love is the sister to Truth but they differ in two ways. You must go to truth to find her. She will never come looking for you. Suzy Kassem
leadership a good leader leads with compassion and love quote Suzy Kassem
The key of life suzy Kassem
a man of god would never burn or harm a temple of any kind regardless of religion. Suzy Kassem
there is at least one truth to every myth. Suzy Kassem

truth can be found in a record of actions not intentions. Suzy Kassem
wise words are like seeds. The more you scatter them the more they will grow into infinite gardens of knowledge. Suzy Kassem
never fear death for you will feel aroused by his sleep. Never cheat death or he will slap you with a sentence of misery for the defeat. Suzy Kassem
nothing exists without a purpose. Every experience you have in this lifetime was written for you to grow into the light you were meant to become. Suzy Kassem
thought before word never word before thought. Suzy Kassem
world citizen suzy kassem
fear the vulture and the vulture will come. Fear nothing and you are the vulture. Suzy Kassem
always listen to the voice of your conscience. If your conscience conflicts with your faith question everything. Suzy Kassemin love treat your relationship as if you are growing the most beautiful flower. suzy Kassem
we are all connected. When one arm or foot is poisoned, the whole body becomes infected. Suzy Kassem
rise up and salute the sun the writings of Suzy Kassem
look deep in the mirror and say I love you, poetry suzy kassem galaxies
  
The sky is not the limit Suzy kassem